KEMRI – RCTP
Closing Date: 27th February 2013
Program Description: The Research Care and Training Program (RCTP) is collaboration between Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), University of California San Francisco (UCSF) and University of Washington (UW).
It is a dynamic comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment program in Kenya.
It is a rapidly expanding program.
Due to its continued growth, the program is seeking motivated, pro-active individuals to fill the following vacancy:
Position: M&E / Data Manager
Location: Kisumu / Nyanza
To provide technical support in planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and data activities for a large KEMRI-FACES supported HIV prevention, care, and treatment program in coordination with the Ministries of Public Health & Sanitation and Medical Services.
The incumbent will be reporting to the Deputy Director Information Systems and will work closely with the other directors.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate provincial level M&E/Data activities for HIV care and treatment, testing and counseling, Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT), Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC), and community engagement.
- Supervise district M&E/Data staff including site visit for support supervision
- Contribute to the development and implementation of M&E tools for FACES program areas
- Build capacity through training and mentorship programs for M&E at MOH facilities
- Participate in stakeholders activities to ensure incorporation of M&E into programs for HIV prevention, care and treatment
- Manage KePMS/PEPFAR reporting.
- Contribute to targeted public health evaluation and research including proposal, manuscript, and abstract writing, training, monitoring, analysis and dissemination of findings
- Serve as a resource in the evaluation of ongoing HIV/AIDS programs and in the subsequent development of new and/or expanded programs for the care and treatment of HIV/AIDS
- Review and verify accuracy of data in NASCOP, PERFAR and other stakeholder reports
- Attend designated M&E/DATA meetings in the provincial and national level
- Manage, track, and delegate data requests, perform other related duties as directed by the Deputy Director Information Systems, KEMRI-FACES Program
- Bachelor Degree in epidemiology, public health, social science or related discipline with a Certificate in M&E training from a recognized institution
- At least 3 years professional experience in monitoring and evaluation systems and at least 2 years in a leadership and supervisory position, preferably in the HIV sector
- Strong data management and analysis skills, solid writing skills, and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and information management skills, with advanced proficiency in relational databases
- SAS and/or STATA experience preferred
All applications including a cover letter and current CV with names, telephone and email contacts of at least 3 referees should be sent to the HR on or by 5.00p.m 27th February 2013. Send your applications to
Human Resources Manager
KEMRI – RCTP/ FACES Program
KEMRI – RCTP/ FACES Program
P.O. Box 614-40100
or Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Also include copies of official certificates, testimonials and latest pay slip.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and interviews will be conducted on 28th February 2013